Welcome to Auffbeat eStore.!
What does this policy cover?
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Summary: This policy sets out how we collect and uses the information that we collect about you when you use our services. This policy also explains the choices that you can make about the way that we use your information.
Who on our team has access to the information?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, billing and shipping address and other information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What personal information we collect and why we collect it:
- Name, Gender, Date of Birth and address
- Username and password
- Contact information including email address
- Transaction History of your account
- Any other sensitive information related to personal data which defined under the information technology act 2000.
- Any other information which is required during the time of using our website.
Information we collect from you automatically:
We will directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information (in respect of which, please see the paragraph on log file information below) that assists us in improving the Service. For more information on the analytics cookies we use and how to opt-out of third-parties collecting this information, please see our Cookies Policy.
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, a number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear GIFs/ Web beacons Information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Auffbeat. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Device Identifiers used by Auffbeat include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
- Comments or Reviews: When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. The comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment. For more information on how to handle user data.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide the requisite personal information. We’ll use this information for the purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your personal information which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data:
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
We may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and/or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This non-personal information would not assist Auffbeat to identify you personally. This non-personal information may include:
- Your geographic location
- Details of your telecom service provider or internet service provider
- Type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.)
- Operating system details, device and website you last visited before visiting the Website
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Run our sites and provide better services.
- Improve our products and services
- To send periodic promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time-to-time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- Any information that we are holding of you is incorrect or incomplete, if required correction, please write us via email as soon as possible.
Messages from Auffbeat:
On occasion, Auffbeat will need to contact you. Primarily, these messages are delivered by email, or by push notifications for a variety of reasons, including marketing, transactions, and service update purposes. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you can disable them at the device level. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications via email or Messages in your account settings or by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive. To ensure you properly receive notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your devices, such as operating system and user identification information. Every account is required to keep a valid email address on file to receive messages.
When you register for an account, subscribe to a newsletter, or provide us with your email address or phone number such as for a Guest Checkout purchase, you receive notice of and agree (in some jurisdictions and situations, by an additional unambiguous consent) to receive marketing emails and messages from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from marketing emails or messages through the opt-out link included in marketing emails or messages. Members can also control which marketing emails or messages they receive from Auffbeat through their account settings. Please note that some changes to your account settings may take a few days to take effect.
What information we share and disclose with others:
Auffbeat will not disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your consent, except as specified in this policy. You can control your privacy settings through the opt-out buttons in your account settings privacy tab, and the Privacy Settings link in the footer of most site pages and our homepage. Please note that some changes to your privacy settings may take a few days to take effect. We may advertise our Services or our sellers’ products through a variety of different mediums and rely on your consent to do so off-site.
When you access or use the Services, we collect, use, share, and otherwise process your personal information for the purposes described in this policy. We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in these ways. These legal bases include where:
- You have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend any impending or asserted legal claims;
- Necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members, or partners (described in more detail below);
- You have expressly made the information public;
- Necessary in the public interest, such as to prevent crime; and
- Occasionally necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others (in rare cases where we may need to share information to prevent loss of life or personal injury).
We principally rely on consent (which can be withdrawn at any time) (i) to send marketing messages, (ii) for third-party data sharing related to advertising, and, to the extent applicable, (iii) for the use of location data for advertising purposes.
Who we share your information with:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products;
Who you can choose to share your User Content with:
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. By default, all content you post on Auffbeat is private. When you set your profile to public, your information becomes publicly available.
You may share your Auffbeat designs to your social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. You should ensure that you familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of each of these services and any privacy settings that may apply to the designs you choose to share on those accounts.
Sharing with other third parties:
Account and User Preferences:
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as keeping yourself logged in when returning to Auffbeat, maintaining your choices on Auffbeat features and how you want Auffbeat to appear (including keeping track of your preferred language and country), and customising content based on how you use Auffbeat.
Social Networks (Like Facebook or Google):
- Your Name, Age, Gender, Profile Photo, Location of the devices you use to access our services or its URL.
- Your social network ID number, which is linked to publicly available information like your name and profile photo.
- Public data for your friends (Including their social network ID numbers).
- Information from friends who have also linked their social media account with our website.
- The login email you provided to that social network when you registered with it.
- Other publicly information available on the social network and you or the social network share with us.
Auffbeat partners with PayPal, Razor pay and other licensed payment processors to facilitate online payments. The provider and processing time for your payment will vary based on the country in which you’re located. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, Auffbeat reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment.
Our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information to process your charges. Auffbeat doesn’t collect or store your financial information. However, Auffbeat’s payment processors may share the non-financial information with us related to your purchases like transaction information, transaction ID, the items purchased and value in order to fulfil your order.
Auffbeat may share your personal or transactional information with those third-party service providers when it’s necessary to process payments. PayPal is a third-party service provided by PayPal Holdings, Inc. and is subject to the PayPal User Agreement and razor pay is also a third-party service provided by Razor Pay and is subject to the Razor User Agreement.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube subject to the User Agreement.
Performance and Analytics:
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the Services are functioning in order to improve Auffbeat and its Services, including, for example, data on-site and its functionality and speed to help us optimise Auffbeat, how the Services are used to help us improve your experience on Auffbeat, and detecting and gathering reporting on bugs to help Auffbeat work better. You can find more information on how Google Analytics works in this Google guide and on Facebook App Events here.
Our website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA. If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
The security of your personal information is important to us. To ensure the security of your personal information and its unauthorized access/alteration/disclosure or destruction we take all possible measures. For example:
- Adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Auffbeat stores your personal information.
- Reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of your Information. Provided that Your right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- If you choose a payment gateway to complete any transaction on Website then your credit card data may be stored in compliance with industry standards/ recommended data security standard for security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Auffbeat shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable beyond the reasonable control of Auffbeat and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to a computer, computer system or computer network, pandemic, lockdown, curfew, system crash, breach of security and encryption, power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after it is received, for example, encryption is used for certain information (such as credit card numbers) using TLS (transport layer security). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee its absolute security.
Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorised access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using the Services. Auffbeat offers advanced security features such as two-factor authentication for signing in, and sign in history and notifications; you can view more information in your account settings.
Auffbeat will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account is active (i.e., for the lifetime of your Auffbeat member account), or as needed to provide the Services to you. If you no longer want Auffbeat to use your information to provide the Services to you, you may close your account. Auffbeat will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this policy.
In addition, Auffbeat may also be required to retain and use your information in order to comply with their own legal obligations. Please note that closing your account may not free up your email address, username, or shop name (if any) for reuse on a new account. We also retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a brief period of time, except in cases where they are used for site safety and security, to improve site functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
We may amend or update this policy from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (i) posting the changes on or through the Services, (ii) sending you an email or message about the changes. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.